Saturday, September 7, 2013

Space Coast Half Marathon Training - Week 2

I gotta be honest. This week wasnt the best for me. I only did one T25 workout (out of 6!) and my eating was crap. Work was really stressful and I had a lot of long exhausting days that I just didn't feel like working out when I got home. I have to get back on track. Luckily my runs have been awesome all week, so let's get to the recap!


Sunday, 9/1

Anton and I went to New Smyrna Beach to spend Sunday and Labor Day with our friends Jackie and Mike. We were staying at a condo right on the beach. The restaurant we planned on going to for dinner was about two miles away and we may or may not have planned on doing a pub crawl in the same area after dinner. Mike suggested (probably joking) that we should just walk there, Anton suggested taking a taxi, so no one would have to drive home intoxicated later. I, of course, jumped on the "walk there" idea and we wound up walking the 2+ miles along the beach to get there. Then of course, we walked back afterwards. The pace was super slow but we got over 4 miles in.  That was about the extent of my exercise on Sunday. 

Monday, 9/2

I had two miles on the training plan for Monday and even though I was out of town, I still wanted to get it done. I decided to get up early and run on the beach before everyone woke up and the beach got crowded. I started running and as I was approaching the turn around point I decided I felt so good and the ocean breeze was nice and I hardly run on the beach so I extended another mile before I turned around. It was a great run! I did notice though that beach runners are not nearly as friendly as street runners. I usually say good morning/make eye contact/wave as I pass people running or biking but these people were having none of that. Oh well.  

Sunrise hidden behind clouds. 

Halfway through and feeling good!

And done!

Total miles - 4.04 miles
Mile 1 - 15:36
Mile 2 - 15:53
Mile 3 - 15:45
Mile 4 - 15:38

Tuesday, 9/3

I skipped Insanity on Tuesday morning, but did T25 - total body circuit at night with Anton. 

Wednesday, 9/4

Boot camp in the morning was pretty epic with 22 people in attendance. We typically have 10-15 people. It was an ability workout which is my favorite and always kicks my ass. 

Skipped T25 again at night. 

Thursday, 9/5

I went to piyo (Pilates/yoga fusion) on Thursday morning. I usually don't go to piyo because I don't like it. It's supposed to be relaxing but for me it's not relaxing in any way. My body is just not meant for yoga. But I went anyway. 

After piyo, my boot camp buddy Kim and I went on my two mile training run. She is moving away and this was our last run together.  It started raining towards the end of the second mile so we picked up the pace a bit. 

Total miles - 2.02 miles
Mile 1 - 16:12
Mile 2 - 15:56

Friday, 9/6

Boot camp in the morning was an arm workout with weights and kettle bells. 

On this day, Anton decided this weekend was our "refocus" weekend to get back on track with our eating. We splurged on one "last dinner" Friday night and then got ice cream. :)

Saturday, 9/7

This morning we got up early for the Insanity workout and Wendy and Anton ganged up on me and made me stop modifying frog burpees. I know it's good to push my body but I've been modifying for so long. It was intense doing them the real way but it felt good. 

After insanity, I had three miles on the plan so Anton and I took off right from the park where insanity was. I started off a little slower and then picked up the pace and killed it on the last mile. Anton was running behind me and was like wtf why are you running faster now?? He was expecting me to be slower as the miles went on. I explained negative splits to him and was excited to have one. ;)

Total miles - 3.22
Mile 1 - 16:17
Mile 2 - 16:23
Mile 3 - 14:51 (woo woo!)

I'll take it! :) I felt awesome but exhausted when we were done. Looking forward to my pedicure/foot massage later this afternoon. :D




Total training miles for the week - 9.28!

No comments:

Post a Comment