Monday, September 16, 2013

Space Coast Half Marathon Training - Week 3

This week of training had its highs and lows.  Not even lows, just averages, I guess. LOL  I do have to say one thing though, I am now 3 weeks into a training plan and I haven't skipped a day yet.  I haven't quite followed it to a T based on how I'm feeling that day (life happens) but it is all balancing out in the end.  Running is my preferred method of exercise but only when the conditions are right for me, and I'm not even sure what those conditions are.  I know I don't like running directly into the sun. :)

I did forget to mention in any previous blogs that I've been doing every single training run at a 2 min run/1 min walk alternating interval.  It seems to be working pretty well for me.  I do have some runs planned on the schedule that are straight running or track workouts, but for my "easy runs" it's the 2:1.  This is probably what I will wind up doing on race day (75 days to go!) so I want to get accustomed to it.

Anyway, let's get to it.  


Monday, 9/9


I overslept on Monday morning and I missed boot camp.  It happens.

I still went for my 3 mile training run.  Here's the overall time/splits.

Not too bad overall.  I am liking these negative splits that keep happening!


Monday night, Anton and I started the next round of T25... the beta round.  These workouts are harder than the alpha round and use weights/resistance bands.  Monday's workout was Core Cardio and I loved it!  I think I was just ready to do something different after alternating the same few workouts every day in the Alpha stage.  But it was a great workout and we were soaked in sweat by the end.




Tuesday, 9/10

Since I missed boot camp on Monday morning, I made sure I got to Insanity on Tuesday.  I pushed myself and tried to modify less and had a strong workout.

Anton had to work late on Tuesday, so I went to night time boot camp.  It's been so dang hot here so it was about 90 degrees at 6:00pm.  We did a good kettlebell circuit workout and I got to see some old night boot camp buddies.  I'm glad I went but it will continue to be a rare occurrence.

Skipped T25 Tuesday since Anton worked late and I went to boot camp.



Wednesday, 9/11

Boot camp was cancelled due to rain, so I had a lazy morning and caught up on some DVR shows.

At night, Anton and I did the next T25 workout from the beta round called Ript Circuit.  It sucked.  It was so hard and the modifier did not modify enough (either they didn't show her or she wasn't modifying) and it was just really hard.  Definitely my least favorite of all the workouts so far.  Hopefully it will get easier.



Thursday, 9/12

On Thursday morning I woke up cranky, unmotivated and not wanting to run but did it anyway and it wound up having my best/fastest training run to date. I was so thrilled with first mile time and assumed would be tired on second mile so super ecstatic the second mile was even faster. It was just all around great run that reminded me why I loved running.  All of my "conditions" fell into place and it felt really good.




After work, Anton and I did T25 speed 2.0 at night and I loved it.  It almost reminded me of some kind of choreographed routine where we did the same 8-10 moves for varying lengths of time during each round.  It went by super fast and I hardly had to modify anything.  


Friday, 9/13

Boot camp in the morning was an all over workout that was pretty intense but I liked it.

We skipped T25 at night since we had plans to go to Disney for a special event.  We wound up not being able to get in, so we went over to DisneyQuest (5 story arcade type place), we took the stairs a few times so still got a bit of a workout in.



Saturday, 9/14

On Saturday, we were still in Orlando so we went to our favorite cafe for breakfast before doing my training run.  Lesson learned:  do not eat breakfast before running!  I can eat something small, but no way can I eat a normal sized breakfast.  There is a pretty lake with a walking trail that goes all the way around it, so we decided to run there.  It was the perfect place to run, partially shaded, but I just felt so heavy during the run from eating beforehand.  We had planned on doing 3 miles but ran out of time and only ended with 2.12.  



Still ended with an average pace below 16 min/mile, but it wasn't a great run.


Total training miles for the week - 7.3


1 comment:

  1. Awesome Job Amanada! Although stop skipping your Boot Camp! -Love your Trainer

    ReplyDelete