Thursday, July 28, 2011

Three Things Thursday

I've seen several other people doing these Three Things Thursday posts where they write about 3 things, related or not, that are on their minds.


So here we go!

1.  I haven't run since last Thursday.  Friday was a rest day, and it was followed by a busy weekend, so had no time to run.  Then every night this week, I have been sleeping horribly, probably due to sleeping on the awesome king size bed with fluffy pillows and a luxurious duvet cover at my favorite resort over the weekend.  Coming home to our queen sized uncomfortable bed with flat pillows and scratchy sheets/blankets was just miserable.  We really need to get a king size bed and splurge on quality linens, but with a wedding in 3 and a half months, all that is just not in the budget right now.



2.  Relating to number one, since I haven't run since Thursday, I went out last night.  I was going to run outside like I usually do but instead found myself walking over to the gym (a 4 minute walk, it's right next door, so not anything extravagant) and decided to hit the treadmill.  I previously posted my disdain for running on the treadmill but for some reason that was what called me.  I was going to attempt Week 7 Day 3 of C25K (25 minutes of straight running) but after the first 5 minutes of jogging, my heel was hurting badly from my plantar fasciitis, and my right thigh was hurting, I have no idea why.  Just felt like cramping.  So I thought maybe I'd walk 5 minutes, then run 5 minutes, walk 5 minutes, and so on.  So I walked the 5 minutes, and started to run again and could only make it through 3 minutes.  I just hate the treadmill!  It feels like so much more of a workout than running outside.  Plus there are just SO many distractions at the gym - the TVs, the people, the machine with flashing red numbers glaring at me.  It just makes it a very miserable experience for me.  So what I wound up doing was 2 minutes walking at 3.2, and then 2 minutes "power-walking" at 3.7-3.8.  I tried pushing up to 4.0 but that was way too fast for me to call it walking, I couldn't keep up.  And I had to hold on to the rails to keep up with walking at 3.8.  I really need to pick up the pace for this half marathon.  Somehow.  So I did walking/power-walking for the entire 5K and finished in about 55 minutes.  When doing the 5K outside, it takes me 57-58 minutes, so I was a little faster at power-walking than I am at jogging.  I just had to hold on.  Definitely some room for improvement there, not sure how I will go about that.


3.  My 30th birthday is next week.  I am going to buy myself a SPIBelt.  I think it will really help with my running outside.  Right now I keep stuff in my pockets - my ID, my phone, my keys, and it would be nice to have them all NOT in my pockets weighing me down, bouncing up and down, and being all bulky.  Plus I want to hang my sweat towel (gross I know but I HATE having sweat on my face, so I wipe it a lot) around the belt so I don't have to hold it until I need it.  I also might get this handheld water bottle which seems like it will be a little easier to carry than just carrying a regular water bottle like I've been doing.


OK, that's my three things. :D

1 comment:

  1. Yay for TTT.

    This is the second post I've read today where someone hates the treadmill =(

    I love my SPIbelt. What a great birthday gift. And happy early 30th!

    ReplyDelete