Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bondi Band Review

Today was Week 6, Day 2 of Couch 2 5K.  Ten minutes of running, 3 minutes of walking, and 10 more minutes of running.


I got my Bondi Bands in the mail yesterday so I decided to try one out during this morning's run.  Unfortunately, I am not impressed yet.  I'm thinking it might be because I was wearing my sunglasses so they were causing the sweat in my eyes.  But people made the Bondi Bands sound magical like they would prevent any sweat from appearing on the top half of my face.  I'm just not sure how that could work unless it was sweat from my hair/forehead dripping down into my eyes.  But I still had eye sweat and it was still annoying.  However, the Bondi Band is much more comfortable than the regular headband I usually wear, even though Anton, my lovely fiance, told me it looked like I was wearing underwear on my head.  .....  yeah.


So I think I'll give it another try on Thursday when I go for my next run and not wear sunglasses and see if anything's different.  Regardless of the sweat in my eyes, they are cute, and do a REALLY great job of keeping my hair up off my neck and out of my face, so I'll continue using them for that reason.  I'm just not completely sold on the whole "no sweat" thing yet.  I still had to carry my hand towel and continuously wipe my entire face.


Anyway, Week 6, Day 2 was a success and I am still impressed with how much my endurance has improved since I first started this.  I haven't run since last Thursday and I picked right back up on it today without an issue. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't run since last Thursday either. Today I'll be doing Week 4 day 1. I'm nervous!!

    Love the review!!

    ReplyDelete